Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Creatures in the Sewer

Every city has its urban legends. Crocodiles, massive snakes, rats the size of small dogs, and a thousand and one other tales. However, we have the fortune of living in a city of strange occurences and humans with extraordinary powers. So when a report comes in of a snake people in the sewers, it's harder to laugh at than one might think.

Which is how I found myself in the sewers two days ago, hot on the trail of a supposed snake person after a concerned citizen reported seeing one stealing clothes off of a clothesline. And what I found blew my mind.

It was clear that something, or someone, has set up shop down in the sewers. Long drag marks, as wide as my torso, marred the algae and slime that lined the walls. Stones had been arranged into neat piles, marking a path through the labyrinthine tunnels. At the end of this path, an intersection where several drainage pipes met. Unfortunately, due to yet another sudden torrential downpour, I found myself forced to leave the sewers or risk being washed away in the runoff, but before I made my escape, I stumbled across several items of clothing, neatly folded and recently washed.

The Snake People are real. They are down there. And we can do nothing but wait until they make themselves known.

3 comments:

  1. normally i like your posts but this seems far fetched

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No dude it's the sneople!! Open ur eyes!

      Delete
    2. u gotta Stay Woke(tm)

      Delete